Here are our tips for maintaining and refreshing your home in 2022.
Happy New Year! It’s the time of year when everyone is making a list of what they want to get done with their home, and I have some great tips to help you accomplish your goals. Lisa and I do this exercise every year, so we want to go over how we revive our home:
1. Wipe down your shower after every use. This will prevent mold from building up, so you won’t have to remove it later.
2. Re-caulk your shower. Unfortunately, wiping down your shower won’t prevent the caulk from turning yellow. If you replace the caulk, you’d be surprised how new your shower will look.
3. Spray your glass shower door with Rain-X every three months. This will prevent water and soap scum from sticking to your shower door. It will look brand-new all year round.
4. Change your home decor every three months. Lisa changes our decor based on the season. Her tip for you is that instead of buying new pillows, she simply buys new pillowcases. This way, we get a fresh, seasonal look without breaking the bank.
5. Replace the front door mat regularly. These things don’t last as long as you’d think. If your mat is looking old, consider replacing it.
6. Replace the mailbox and replace the post. It’s subtle, but little things like this can make a big impact on your home.
7. Replace the pots for houseplants, and replace your picture frames. This tip is similar to changing pillowcases. You can make the details of your home seem new and exciting just by changing how they’re framed.
8. Make sure the lightbulbs are the same type and color. This will make your home appear more cohesive.
9. Install switch plate covers. This way, you don’t have to replace the receptacle ever again. The convenience switch plate covers offer is unmatched.
Hopefully, these tips gave you some ideas on how to breathe new life into your home in 2022. If you have a tip you’d like to share with me, leave it in the chat or send me an email. I’d love to share it with everyone else!